Untuk kes aku, doc diagnose aku sleep apnea di mana ade gangguan pernafasan semasa tido di mana ada ketika aku terhenti bernafas. Based on result sleep study itu, aku banyak kali terhenti bernafas and total time terhenti nafas dlm 14 minutes and oxygen aku drop until 95% sahaja. That's why aku selalu sakit dan pening kepala.
Lagi satu gangguan ini menyebabkan dengkur semasa tido di mana lelangit aku semula jadi rendah and die menutup ruang pernafasan aku. Saluran di dalam hidung aku sempit dari orang normal and bengkok. Uwaaa ni semua problem.. Tapi aku redha sebab ni semulajadi kan. Terima je seadanya tapi nak ejas kasi ruang udara terbuka sikit.
So esok paginya doc datang dan cakap "Fiza, you will have operation today" so aku kene sain a few form. Aku dengan ringan tangan sain je la. Sebab doc dah banyak explain kat aku. So aku cuba or ikhtiar ngan cara ni la kan.. Risau beb terhenti nafas dahla most of the time aku tido sorang.
Kul 11 aku ditolak ke OT / Dewan Bedah. Menunggu agak lama..berdebar beb!!!
Nanti sambung episod seterusnya ape jadi bila ditolak masuk ke OT.
Sleep Apnea - Symptoms
The most common symptoms of obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) that you may notice include:
- Excessive daytime sleepiness.
- Waking with an unrefreshed feeling after sleep, having problems with memory and concentration, feeling tired, and experiencing personality changes.
- Morning or night headaches. About half of all people with sleep apnea report headaches.2
- Heartburn or a sour taste in the mouth at night.
- Swelling of the legs.
- Getting up during the night to urinate (nocturia).
- Sweating and chest pain while you are sleeping.
- Episodes of not breathing (apnea), which may occur as few as 5 times an hour (mild apnea) to more than 50 times an hour (severe apnea). How many episodes you have determines how severe your sleep apnea is.
- Loud snoring. Almost all people who have sleep apnea snore, but not all people who snore have sleep apnea.
- Restless tossing and turning during sleep.
- Nighttime choking or gasping spells.
Symptoms in childrenIn children, symptoms of sleep apnea depend on how old the child is:
- In children younger than 5, symptoms include snoring, mouth breathing, sweating, restlessness, and waking up a lot.
- In children 5 years and older, symptoms include snoring, bed wetting, doing poorly in school, and not growing as quickly as they should for their age. These children may also have behavior problems and a short attention span.
Although rare, in children sleep apnea can cause developmental delays and can cause failure of the right side of the heart (cor pulmonale).
Other conditions with symptoms similar to sleep apnea include an underactive thyroid (hypothyroidism) and other sleep disorders, such as suddenly falling asleep (narcolepsy) or an intense urge to move the legs (restless legs syndrome).